August 19, 2010

Radiohead and Ukulele is like Lamb Chops and Mint Jelly!



Courtesy of the artist
I loved this blip on the NPR radar.  I took a listen earlier with great elation.  Mixing two of my favorite things in the world, Amanda Palmer is my new hero (musically).  I REALLY RECOMMEND A LISTEN TO HER VERSION OF IDIOTEQUE!  Moreover take some time to either listen to or read the article on NPR.  If you do your day will not be the same, which is true of everything all of the time.

Amanda Palmer sings a beautiful version of 'Idioteque,' which is immediately recognizable but recreated just enough to make it her own.  With all the other ambience happening it's hard to pick out the ukulele, but I believe that's why I love it.  So comfortable with making music with the ukulele Amanda Palmer doesn't need to display the ukulele  but rather uses the ukulele as a part of the piece.  I loved this version as anyone can tell and can't wait to hear the rest of the album, especially 'Fake Plastic Trees.'

1 comment:

  1. As you will see from posts on my own blog, I adore Amanda Palmer - her uke tunes are superb. Nice write up.

    Baz
    www.gotaukulele.co.uk

    ReplyDelete